Random Post
Much progress has been made in the development of artificial intelligence recently. One organization, OpenAPI, has led the charge and launched ChatGPT, a chatbot built on a generative language model. OpenAI is a non-profit artificial intelligence research organization founded by former Y Combinator President Sam Altman, Tesla CEO Elon Musk, LinkedIn co-founder Reid Hoffman, and others with $1B pledged to the project. It's for-profit subsidiary was valued at $29B and struck a deal with Microsoft for a rumored $10B. The deal reportedly means that Microsoft would get 75% of OpenAI's profits until it recoups its $10B and then a 49% stake in OpenAI.
In November 2022, OpenAI launched ChatGPT built on top of GPT-3. GPT-3 (Generative Pre-trained Transformer 3) is an autoregressive language model that can take an initial prompt and continue to write based off of the prompt. ChatGPT is built to act like a conversationalist but can do a variety of other things such as writing computer code, essays, and even answer test questions. Although it is free to most users, OpenAI monetizes ChatGPT through a subscription plan, ChatGPT Plus, that provides faster response times and priority access to new features in addition to general access for $20/month.
Microsoft has already started integrating ChatGPT into its products. Bing, Microsoft's search engine, integrates it to allow for conversational search. Google responded by launching Bard, an experimental conversational AI, that made a factual error in its first demo. Generative AI is still in development but there are a lot of cool applications that could be available in the near future.
Thanks for the post Atul, I definitely learned a lot! I feel like I don't know much about artificial intelligence besides what is highlighted in media, so this helped me better understand how the sphere operates. I had heard about ChatGPT but I didn't what exactly it did. It's both scary and cool to see how fast AI is advancing.
ReplyDeleteHi Atul,
ReplyDeleteI've never actually formally used ChatGPT, but I believe it's a great tool when used properly. It's pretty cool how this AI can do so much, but I'm also interested in seeing how this is going to be implemented within the education system. Or are they going to prevent students from using this tool? That's something I'm looking forward to seeing how it plays out in the future.
Hi Atul,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you find ChatGPT interesting because I do as well. I use it a lot to do various things and answer some interesting questions. The future of AI and ChatGPT is very interesting and I'm curious to see what happens. I am very interested to see how Google responds now that Microsoft has acquired OpenAI.
Hey Atul,
ReplyDeleteGlad to see you write about ChatGPT. It's such a fascinating tool, and everything it entails for society is mesmerising, not to say questionable. You mention Bard; amazing how the mistake wiped $100 billion in market cap...
Hi Atul, I really enjoyed reading your post. I have grown fascinated with AI technology because I truly believe that is where the world is heading. For example, I plan on working in the beauty industry after I graduate, and many people I have talked to in that industry have noted the importance of AI technology to the company. So, I found your post interesting and am excited to see this field's next significant technological advancement.
ReplyDeleteHey Atul. I'm fascinated with AI technology and its rapid advancements but to be honest with you i'm a bit worried that AI will be society's downfall. I'm curious to hear your opinion on the downside of AI and how it may cause earth's destruction.
ReplyDelete